A semi-regular attempt (in other words, as I have time) to explore the interaction between God and the adolescent world, especially the connection between theory and praxis (otherwise known as practical theology). Primary emphasis will be given to the role of the church (and especially the emerging church) in this process.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Family Vacation

The family and I spent the last seven days in sunny and hot Orlando. There we did all the "traditional" family things one does there--hit the Disney and Universal theme parks. Lots of fun hanging with the family, something I don't get to do enough of.


The "high point" for me was spending the day at Cocoa Beach --one of the prettiest beaches around (where I got a very nasty sunburn!) and visiting the world famous Ron Jon surf shop. Very cool place--could spend several hours there checking out their boards.

The vacation gave me a nice break mentally, as I head out tomorrow for our denominational youth event, Nazarene Youth Conference. Approximately 9,000 teens and adult sponsors will gather together for six days of worship, teaching, service, and fellowship as they learn together what it means to be holy people involved in service to the world. It was at a NYC (way back in 1983) that I encountered God in an incredibly significant way, and accepted His call on my life. If you think about it, please pray that God's Spirit will be especially present and fruitful in our midst.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jim! I'm glad you attended NYC in St. Louis. Hmmm...seems not long ago I met you and some other friends on an airplane in 1983 heading to our own "NYC." Good memories.

Well, our Elizabeth attended NYC this year and came home empowered from her experience. Oh, she also came home with a book she bought by, umm...oh yes, Jim Hampton! Ha! I laughed when I saw the author! She was also at Ichthus earier this summer. Sounds like I ought to have her look you up sometime.

Summer has been crazy for me as I'm working on my M.A. at MVNU. I'm looking forward to the completion of it so I can breath! Ha! Well, best wishes and enjoy the rest of your summer. Give my greetings to your family.

Cindi Hammons

11:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home